Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Dear Daniel

Dear Daniel,

It seems the stress will never relent. My orange tabby Luke has hurt himself. Yes, on the heels of his respiratory infection what with, examination, bloodwork and medicine rang up to the tune $275 which is fine because of course because not about let my furbaby suffer. But on the heels of that he has hurt himself doing god know what in the midnight hours. He’s walking with a limp. Hiding, crying pitifully and I’ve only got the money to cover the initial exam. He’s two months away from turning two years old and I’m at a loss as to what to do.

I can’t bear to watch him suffer. I need to take him to the vet. I mean, you wouldn’t tell your child oh I’m sorry broke your leg, let me watch it heal in an improper fashion. Just put him down. I mean some people kill me.

I’m heartsick over my baby being hurt and watching him trying to understand why he’s in so much pain and mommy is doing nothing about it.

So I’m trying to figure out how to pay for an ex-ray and possibly a cortisone shot. Not easy, as most of my friends are like myself. Broke. This is a hard time of year for people. I get the sense mom would help but summer vacation is coming up.

I love my cat like a child but we’re at a point where I have to eat the cost up front and I have no idea how I’m going to cover Film-Com food wise. It’s a necessity to go. But kitty’s medical bills are going to make it rough for sure. I will have to pack food to take to eat in the room. Skip meals that sort of thing. And for someone with diabetes that’s a bad scene.

But I’ll do what I have to do in order to make things work. I’ve done it before. I’ll do it again.
I say people like to underestimate me. They may see me at my worst or weak moment. That’s the thing I tend to be very open. I wish I could change that about myself sometimes. It’s a double edged sword.

With that openness people tend to come into my life. Mostly good, some not so good and I don’t always ready them well. Especially when I’m manic. With mania I have severe lack of ability to read a situation clearly. It is not something I wish on anyone.

Thank god I have people in my life who I can lean on in situations like these. Missy, Julie, my parents (although they are not always the best judge of character either) it’s these people I depend on to guide me through situations I might not always know best on.

You already know how awesome I think Missy is. I think Pam is awesome too. But Julie is truly the newest godsend. She offered me a way out of a bad situation and I took it.
I feel stress in my back.

Tension just by sitting here and writing. That truly blows.

But anyway Julie Fink is my friend and she is awesome. I cannot explain how much I love her. Yes I’m a little bit scared of her. But then I’m scared of a lot of things.

Anyhoo.

Missy and I soldier on with the film. The Kickstarter campaign has been hard. We just crested $500 but we also have hooks in the water with 7 producers and one contact which could yield some big results. But as they say nothing is definite until the check is cashed and it clears and then sometimes not even then.

Well as we prepare for Film-Com with a proof of concept video shoot, I hope all is well with you and yours as it is with me and mine.

Sincerely,


Amy McCorkle

No comments:

Post a Comment