Friday, June 14, 2013

Dear Daniel



Dear Daniel,

Tell me, is there something in the water? Have all of my acquaintances suddenly taken a crazy pill and decided they get to control what I put on here as well as tell me how to run my career? Because at least as fucked up as my family is they lay of me professionally. I know I have attained a certain amount of success. Thanks to people showing me the way, helping me out, not all of them get mentioned. If I named everyone who ever helped me out with grocery money this blog would be never ending. And even though the person probably deserves an obligatory mention, which means I would have eventually gotten around to it, I will 
 NOT be bullied into doing something out of guilt or perceived obligation.

I’ve helped a lot of people out. They thank me at the time. Some have parlayed that help into something bigger. Do I get the credit for it, no. Does it bother me that they don’t freaking sky write it for me to be noticed by the public at large? No. And in the end all I did was make the initial meeting possible. They did the hard work of nurturing the relationship and parlaying it into something pretty awesome. All the credit goes to them.

I mentioned in an earlier blog that I knew what it was like to go to bed hungry and wake up hungry. I was accused of lying. I was told this blog was nothing but a pity party and pure fiction and that I didn’t know the truth from fiction anymore.

My life much like the bipolar disorder is filled with extreme highs and lows. Which can make it difficult to sound happy. I never expected blow back from a blog I sat down to write as a thank you to you and use it as a way to from my memoirs. The person I speaking about is my ex. And out of respect I have not broadcast the tumultuous details of the journey we’ve taken from couple to good friends. He wasn’t great boyfriend material, but I was a batshit crazy untreated bipolar 19 year old. I’m not even going to mention his name. Because well, I’m big on paying it forward but I’m pretty private when it comes to that sort of thing.
Does it piss me off that his wife wants to take credit for it all? Well, I’m only human, of course it does. She didn’t write the books. She didn’t edit the books. She didn’t write the screenplays. Or enter the contests or submit to publishers or publish. They paid for one $40 advert and one $25 haircut outside the groceries.

I hate to say it, but HATERS ARE MOTIVATORS. And she wanted a thank you. So thank you. For the above mentioned things. One thing I will not do is give them any more space in my life.

But like I said highs and lows right? I mentioned other professional friends, right. That I’ve earned the reputation as being something of a marketing whiz. I honestly don’t know how it happened. But I was taught everything I know by the likes of Christine Bell, Lea Schizas, and the film industry as a whole.

I was asked today to be the marketing director of a new epub company. And the series I’m working on BELLA MORTE has been accepted for publication there. ALL 8 BOOKS! So as hard as the week has been I have only one more stressful event to attend to. The signing at Joseph –Beth. After that clear sailing.

Sincerely,

Amy McCorkle

No comments:

Post a Comment